January 22, 2014

Lady Gaga looks in the mirror and sees art. For real.

Oh the pretentiousness!  The arrogance!  The self importance and pomposity! Gaga went to The Louvre in Paris and for the first time, she laid her eyes on Bob Wilson's portraits of her.  

"I went to the Louvre today and saw the portraits Bob Wilson made of me. It was such a special moment. I wore archive Gianni [Versace] and wore my hair in metallic braids. It was a day I'll never forget."

From the girl who once said "Fuck fashion. Beauty is a lie"; who now brags about designer clothes and has had extensive plastic surgery to alter her appearance.  How's that "born this way/God makes no mistake" message going Gaga? What a pitiful and shallow existence it must be for someone to define herself by the designer clothes she wears. Who cares who she is wearing? What was the point of even saying that?  Does she have any idea what she sounds like?  It reminds me of this one incident in high school.  It was after gym class and a bunch of us girls were in the locker room changing back into our Catholic school uniforms. One girl, Maria Louisa, said out loud "Does anyone have any perfume?  Oh, never mind. I have Oscar de la Renta in my locker."  She put the emphasis on "Oscar de la Renta".  What she was trying to do was painfully transparent. It was also very embarrassing for her. She thought having a designer perfume somehow made her a more worthy person. That's exactly what designer labels, brands and products try to make you think through means of marketing manipulation. I didn't fall for it as a teen and I definitely don't fall for it now. I don't think it's possible for me to care less if someone owned a Rolex or Christian Louboutin shoes. It does not impress me because it's meaningless.  I like clothes and I like to look nice and well put together.  I don't need to wear a designer label to achieve that and I'm not stupid enough to waste my hard earned money on that nonsense. Not even if I suddenly became rich; because my principles and who I am as a person are too deeply ingrained in my psyche. Looking back on it, I can see that Maria Louisa was a very insecure teen that was seeking acceptance from her peers.  Just like Gaga is today.  I actually feel sorry for her (just a little) because wearing Versace this or Prada that means shit and one day she will see that. Or not.  Gaga might be a lost cause at this point. Her arrogance and grandiosity is like a snake swallowing it's own tail.  Since she's keen to keep all the "yes" people around her, her insufferable personality is only going to get worse.

As for Bob Wilson, can someone please take his Quaaludes away from him!  What he says about Gaga is so unhinged and irrational.  

"She would look at the image (his painting of her) and after a while she would look at her face in a mirror and something happened, and I would shoot her (with a taser I hope)... There's a nobility to her. She's a real princess."