August 18, 2012

Earthlings - A Documentary

                                 


Someone sent this link to me to a very disturbing but realistic documentary on us, Earthlings, and our relation to animals as pets, food, clothing and such. The video broke my heart in so many places. I literally had to force myself to watch it and I couldn't finish the whole film. I stopped when I had seen enough. I saw all I needed to see to finally see the light, fully. I cried and wanted to scream at many parts.

This is the human race.  The most disgusting, vile species to inhabit the planet.  The way we treat other living creatures who also feel pain and love, joy and sorrow, is so very terrible and inhumane to say the least.

As upsetting as this documentary is, I feel it has to be watched.  We need to understand why we do the things we do.  I am warning you, it is very upsetting but if you care to know where your steak came from or your god damn fur coat, you have to watch this as it will change your thoughts and morals in a heartbeat.  At least I hope it would.  The scene where men grabbed a stray dog and threw it into a garbage truck ALIVE to crush and kill it made me so angry.  I could not stop crying.  It was repulsive. They should have been the ones in that garbage truck.  Who can do such a thing??  Tell me!!  What kind of person can be so cruel and so vile????  I will never understand the type of sick people who work in slaughter houses either.

I myself am going full vegetarian from this point on.  I've dabbled in it and regressed many times. No more.  For a long time, I've made a point to buy cruelty free vegan products, from shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, hand cream, household cleaning products, everything.   Now it's time for me to complete the role I wish to be, and that is to be a compassionate lover of animals who does not need them in order to survive.  

I've never understood the selfish need to buy names, or wear furs because it's a so called status symbol. I've never been impressed by names nor will I ever.  I think it's a  joke and people are stupid to spend ridiculous amounts of money on crap because it has a Hermes tag on it so they can flaunt and brag. So they can temporarily fill a bottomless pit of insecurity in order to feel good about themselves.  Shame on you if you are one of these unenlightened people.

I don't care for corporate pop whores who manipulate the masses for their financial gain and superficial selfish ways.  Have a look at Lady Gaga's Facebook page and you will see many photos of her shopping in designer stores looking like the shallow glutton she is.  I do not see a money hater.  I see a money pig.  I see the bigger picture, with no blinders on.  People have called me a Madonna stan.  I am not.  I grew up with her so I have an affection but I don't gush at the thought of her or would scream and cry if I saw her.  She doesn't "move" me or make me feel like I'm brave.  Fuck that.  I'm brave because of me and only me.  The only person I credit for my accomplishments or feeling comfortable in my own skin is me.  Not some two bit pop star like Lady Gaga. I don't refer to celebrities as "mommy" or credit them for saving my life as if I were on the brink of suicide.  When the reality is that the celebrity doesn't even know who the hell you are and has no connection to you what so ever.  Talk about a mass manipulation in order to control and profit.  Grow the fuck up.

She can hide behind her anti-bullying and gay rights stance all she wants.  She can drape herself in furs, jewels, designer labels, fly in private jets and travel the globe a hundred times.  Underneath all that, she will always be a superficial, shallow, spoiled ugly little brat from the Upper East Side who is attention starved and will stop at nothing to fill her black little heart with meaningless things.  

This documentary made me ashamed to be a human being.   For me, if I had to take the human's side or the animal's, it's always the animal.  Animals do not rape and plunder our planet.  They don't destroy her or disrespect her.  Animals just "be".  Doing what nature gifted them to do.  They are innocent. Do you want to know what unconditional, non judgemental love feels like?  Get a dog.  Problem solved.  Animals are above humans in every way.  We are the subspecies.  Humans exploit.  This planet would be in better shape with less people and more animals.   We invade their territory with mass development, forcing them into our yards where city officials shoot them to control the population.  It seems that the human population needs to be controlled.  

If I could move to another planet where the bullshit of this planet did not exist, I'd be on the first rocket ship out of here.

"If we had to kill our own meat, we would all be vegetarians"



Among the evil, vile humans who live on this planet, there are some good ones.  The video below restores my faith in humanity a little bit.  Lucky for the whale, Lady Gaga was not on the boat.  She'd probably harpoon it and wear it's blubber as a dress and it's skin to make shoes, purses and seat covers for the interior of her $200,000 car.