September 29, 2011

Steve Albini - Nirvana Music Producer Tells Us What He Thinks Of Gaga

Steve Albini


Steve Albini, the man behind Nirvana's In Utero dishes out in a recent interview with Gothamist and he reveals exactly how he feels about Stefani.

INTERVIEWER:  It seems though, if you look at artists like Lady Gaga, they seem to intentionally just focus on that sort of thing. 

ALBINI:  I’m an exceptionally lucky man in that I’ve never heard a note of Lady Gaga’s music and you could sit her on my lap and I wouldn’t recognize her. I know that she’s a cultural force at the moment but I’m quite satisfied in having dodged that one. It’s like a truck drove by spraying shit from a nozzle over the entire neighborhood and I happened to be under an awning. You know?

Albini's worked along side bands like The Pixies, PJ Harvey, Breeders, The Jesus Lizard and of course Nirvana. 

Click here to read the full interview.