November 14, 2013

Lady Gaga says Pop Music is bad for kids. What?

The artist has spoken!!  Behold, words of wisdom from Lady Gaga about the pop music genre and music industry.  Brace yourselves for the verbal diarrhea that came out of Gaga's mouth during the BBC Culture interview with Miranda Sawyer.  The whole interview is just bizarre.  Gaga has a consistent spacy, drugged out look on her face as she practices a performance art technique and tries to center herself throughout the entire weird fest.  She obviously wasn't centered enough because she had this to say about pop music and the corporate industry behind it. The delusion is worse than Tom Cruise trying to convince the world he's straight. 

             


"It's the death of art and it's killing young people because it is just like fast food.  It may taste good at first but after you eat it for many years you might just get really fat or sick and die.   I just like to feed my fans good food".

Huh?  Wait a second.  Exactly what type of music does Caca thinks she's putting out there?  Because the last time I checked, her music was just as shitty as the rest of the garbage coming out of my radio.  She also has the audacity to criticize the corporate music world.  Gaga says she doesn't want to be "controlled by corporations that don't know what the fuck they're doing." 

"It's tormenting for me. It's actually physically painful to allow these corporate projectionists drive what I do", says the Caca.

But let's get real Stefani, you had no problem allowing these corporate projectionists in to help make you famous, did you?  You had no problem allowing Rob Fusari and Wendy Starland create your alter ego Lady Gaga.  You had no problem switching from rock music to pop music after Fusari convinced you to do so, because that's what will sell.  You had no problem allowing Troy Carter to pump you up on social media with all your fake Twitter followers.  You had no problem giving the reins to Troy Carter to help make you so famous and so rich, so that you can revel in the glory of your worshiping fans.  After all, you live for the applause. 

Now that you've "made it", you expect people to believe that you are a real artist.  You expect people to believe that these horrible people held you back from being the real artist you've always wanted to be.  Troy serves no purpose anymore so you fired him.  Don't try to throw this bullshit around that you're the innocent victim-artist that's been bullied by the industry for so long.  The truth is, you used them as much as they used you.  That's the game and that's how it is.  You got your fame; which was your primary obsession.  Now you think what you do is art and that your music is so much more superior to other pop artists out there.  You're foie gras and they're just french fries right?  I, along with pretty much every music critic and publication out there, are having a hard time finding any "art" in ARTPOP.  Especially when I read lyrics like this.

Uranus! Don’t you know my ass is famous? - Venus

Do you wanna see me naked, lover? Do you wanna peek underneath the cover? - Aura

I am so fab check it out.  I'm blonde, I'm skinny.  I'm rich, and I'm a bit of a bitch - Donatella

I could be the drink in your cup.  I could be the green in your blunt - DWYW

Fashion - the entire song

Jewels and Drugs - again, the entire song

I know that Mom and Dad think I'm a mess.  But it's alright, because I am rich as piss. - Mary Jane Holland

I rest my case.  There's no art to see here folks. Only delusion and arrogance. Move along.