October 30, 2012

Terry Richardson and Troy Carter unleash the latest sucker's product - Pop Water

Rumors have been swirling about that Lady Gaga is coming out with a line of bottled water.  Today it was confirmed that it's her manager Troy Carter and fashion photographer Terry Richardson's business venture.  The drink, called Pop Water, is supposed to be a healthier alternative to soft drinks, with less calories and sugar.  Richardson will serve as the brand's creative director.  Will you buy a product that a pig like Richardson is involved in?  Think about that one.

Carter has been in talks with Pepsi and Coca-Cola over the past few years.  He says "we noticed none of the brands had music in their DNA.  We felt we could build something with relevance to music and pop culture if we built something from scratch. Whether it's flying to Kentucky with food scientists or flying around the world sourcing the packaging, the last two years has been an education for us in the beverage space."  Because that's what people are missing in life;  musical bottled water.

First of all, brands don't have DNA and corporations are not people.  What Carter is really doing is capitalizing on Little Monster suckers by making mindless consumers believe that they need a water that is connected to music and pop culture.  Because the two obviously go together right.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what the link between the two could offer me.  Help me out guys.  If I drink this, will I be a pop star?  Or will I magically have a better understanding of pop culture while losing weight?  Oh I know!  I'll be closer to Lady Gaga!

Carter's plans are to use various pop stars to help market the product by lending their likeness.  I'm placing bets right now that Lady Gaga will be the face of Pop Water.  It makes perfect sense that the corporate drone will be involved in this consumer scam in some way.  She doesn't appear to be a partner in the new venture however I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she in an investor and silent partner.

I, however, have better things to spend my money on and am way to smart too be sucked into a highly manipulative marketing campaign.