January 3, 2012

Ripping Off or Sampling?


Stefani released a song from The Fame era as a gift to her monsters for Christmas.  The song is called Take You Out. To my utter dismay, I mean, how can it be that the song sounds almost exactly like Kool & The Gang's Let's Go Dancing
Some monsters are saying that the song is sampled.  I'm not so sure.  It's pretty identical for it to be just sampling.


Now that I think of it, Stefani also released another song at Christmas called Stuck on Fuckin' You.  I gave it a listen and thought where have I heard this before?  Oh, I know, KT Tunstall's Black Horse and a Cherry Tree.  Stefani's song is a slowed down version and there's a part in the song where I could swear it was Courtney Love adding her vocals. 




Thanks Pike for sending this to me. 

Oh wait!!  I forgot about this one.



I guess that's two in the bag for Kool & The Gang.