January 27, 2012

Lady Gaga Set To Launch Social Network Site



I heard about Backplane a while back.  I'm sure it will do very well.  Especially among Stefani and her fans. 

I don't know just how sincere Stefani is with this "My fans! My fans!  I love you! You make me brave!" bullshit but what she's doing here is genius.  Sheeple - you know, the type of people that would pitch a tent for three days in miserable weather just to catch a glimpse of their idol at an award show - those type of people - will be all over this like maggots feeding on the corpse of Gaga's dead career.  It's also brilliant manipulation.  Stefani has created this pseudo bond with her fans and lead them to believe that they have a real relationship with her when nothing can be further from the truth.  What an absolutely amazing way to line her money hating pockets! By launching a social networking platform designed to create a translucent illusion for her fans to believe that they have EVEN more of a connection with their queen.

It's hard to say how other celebrities will feel about this.  Stalkers are a real threat and so many celebrities already had to deal with them, the courts, the scares, the break ins into their home.  Some have even been killed.  Remember Rebecca Schaeffer?  I doubt they will want to open up another avenue for these crazies to get even closer.  

Stefani better start using her brain.  One day, the wrong type of little monster is going to get too close because of Stefani's duck sitting status.  Mark my words, one day this is going to come back and bite her in the ass.
 
Rival Facebook?  Sorry, not convinced about that one.

Thanks Pike for the link.

SOURCE