August 25, 2011

Cher + Gaga Duet.............Thoughts?

                                                                                                                                                                        The lyrics, the melody, the arrangement, all of it just sucks and I just know this song is going to be terrible.

Just by reading the lyrics alone, the words "sappy", "cheesy", "amateur", "corny", "mushy," and "over-sentimental" come to mind.   The lyrics reminds me of the sappy girls I knew from high school who would make that puppy dog face, put their hand on their heart and scream "awwwwwwwwwwwww" whenever a slow song played on the radio or school dance.  Or when they would attempt to write poetry and it was always so gay and sappy........barf.   The poems were never deep or intense or clever, it was always dumb.  Just like the lyrics and arrangement to this song.

I can't even imagine what Cher's voice next to Gaga's will sound like.  Cher's acting is superb, fantastic.  She's one of the best actors ever in my opinion.  Her music?  Meh....cheese.  It doesn't surprise me one bit she chose this song.  I'm going to listen to it when it first comes out but I doubt I'll make it through the first 30 seconds.

Have you heard the clip above yet?  Auto tune much?
Here's a little snippet of The Greatest Thing.

I don’t know why you’ hurt, inside,
or what was said to make, you, cry.
I hope, that you can see,
you are the greatest thing to me.
And when, you’ feeling like you’re not enough.
I’ll give you wings, I’ll lift you up.
I hope, that you can see,
you are the greatest, greatest thing to me.


Ugh!  My stomach doesn't feel so good.  Where's the toilet!!!!  Not gonna make it!!! BARF!!!!!!