April 4, 2012

Underage in Korea Banned from Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball

The Korea Media Rating Board, a watchdog group in South Korea has branded the upcoming Born This Way Ball tour unsuitable for minors.  Anyone under the age of 18 will not be allowed to attend the show.  Their reasons?  Apparently it has to do with Stefani's advocacy of homosexuality, glorifying drinking and partying (Just Dance) and pseudo religious sacrilege.  

A few in South Korea have spoken up and Stefani later tweeting her thanks.




Nothing wrong with that.  Pretty harmless.  What about the next tweet?


Ok, this is what I shake my head at every time.  While I agree that it's up to the parents to decide what is appropriate for their children and not some crazy Christian group or ratings board, what the hell does this issue have to do with her ticket sales?  Why even bother mentioning that her sales aren't affected?  What is the point to even bring this up?  Stefani has to constantly stroke her own ego and somehow turn the spotlight of the true issue at hand onto herself.  

The true issue is whether her show is appropriate for minors and who should be deciding.  Parents or an organization. NOT how many tickets she's selling or whether tickets are still being sold despite the age restriction. 

Yet another example of her narcissism.  It never ends.   But you just know she's secretly proud of herself because it feeds her ego to know she's so bad ass like other controversial artists.


 Lady Gaga:  Whaaaaat?  South Korea won't let my prepubescent little monsters come to my show! Blasphemy! That's OK.  I'm still selling tickets there because I'm sooooooooooooooooo popular. I'm Lady Gaga. Time to tweet this shiz out!  What's even more cool about it is that I'm even more like Madonna!  Madonna banned and given a spanking by Rome and the Vatican and I got the same but from Korea!  Yay me!