March 4, 2012

Screw Gaga, Screw Madonna....Just Kidding!

Ok, I'm a Madonna fan because I grew up with her.  Her best work in my opinion is Confessions on a Dance Floor, hands down.  I'm not too excited about M.D.N.A. so far but I do like Girl Gone Wild better than GMAYL.  I'm open to hearing more singles from Madonna because when you wrap this whole thing up, she's been around for 30 years plus and is going down in the books like The Beatles and Elvis.  So I will always have a soft spot for her.

THIS girl I've been excited about for a while.....Ellie Goulding.  Ellie's song "Lights" is No.85 on the Billboard Top 100, peaked at No.79.  "Lights" has been on the charts for 10 weeks.  Do you know what this tells us?  That most people don't know good music if it came in the form of a mack truck driving over you, crushing you under it's weight!  I heard the song once on the radio in L.A.  Never anywhere else except my mp3 player.

Ellie hails from England.  She sings, plays guitar and drums.   She's in the pop genre but with a mature twist which I think will appeal to adults more so than teeny boppers such as Little Monsters.

Check out the song "Lights".