November 30, 2011

Grammy Nominations

So, Stefani's crappy album Born This Way made it into The Album of the Year category.  How I don't know how this is possible since every song except for the title track flopped.

I'm hoping it's because the The Recording Academy purposely set her up against Adele's 21 to lose. 

She's up against Adele. Foo Fighters, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Rihanna.  

She also made it into Best Pop Solo Performance for You and I.  I guess falling off pianos at the MTV Awards and a cringe worthy "Jo Calderone" performance earned her that nom.

Born This Way did not make Record of the Year or Song of the Year. So how does the whole album make Album of the Year and the title track doesn't even get nominated in these two categories? It makes no sense to me.  

Kanye West leads with 7 nominations.  Adele, Bruno Mars and Foo Fighters are tied with 6.  Stefani has 3 in total.

Who do you think will win?

Full list here at Grammy.com