September 30, 2011

10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Wrong About Lady Gaga



Written by Hamish MacBain from NME.com


I tried. Seriously, there was a whole day where I thought I had managed not to pass comment on Capital H-E-R. I reasoned with myself that talking about Gaga, listening to Gaga, looking at Gaga is how The Straights pass their time.

I don't have a Twitter or Facebook, so it's easier to avoid her. Basically, the reason Lady Gaga is the ultimate Generation-LOL/OMFG popstar is because she deals in a constant succession of lame and tame – momentarily diverting, I suppose, if you work in call centre – look-at-me non-events that can be summed up easily in 140 characters. There is never any depth to what she does, so it's easy for annoying people to just go "OMFG what is Gaga wearing?" and move on. And yeah, her clever-clever apologists will say something like, “But that’s the point!” and probably say I “like indie!” or “don’t get pop!” but, y’know: eat me. This is the exact reason I’m not on Twitter or Facebook.

Anyway: then I heard the album. You can read loads of fawning, balanced, analytical, intelligent, adult bullshit about ‘Born This Way’ everywhere. so I’m going to do it in <140 completely unbalanced characters, then move on.
                                                                                                                                                                  



Read the rest of his point by point dissection of Lady Xerox right HERE!