June 14, 2011

Justin Timberlake on Lady GaGa

Justin Timberlake touches on Lady GaGa during his interview with Playboy Magazine. 

Timberlake says he admires Lady Gaga -- who joined him on the season finale of "Saturday Night Live" last month but says that he hopes she changes up her sound a bit on her next full-length.

"I'd love to see her come out with another record a couple of years from now that's completely different, maybe something Tori Amos could do," says Timberlake. "If I were Lady Gaga, I'd do whatever I wanted, which it looks like she's doing. She's just plain old good. But I don't know what the future holds for her. Her sound is so big. She's got the outfits and she shocks you, but you kind of wonder how an act that big stays around forever. That's why I'm curious to see her mix it up a little. I think she'll continue to make interesting music."

I don't know about you but to me that sounds like a very tactful and diplomatic way of saying he thinks her music off Born This Way is mediocre, which it is, and that her whole gimmick is out of control.  That too much exposure is a career killer.  It truly is.  It works the same way in the dating world.  The more mysterious you seem, the more it intrigues others.  The minute you start showing up everywhere, being so available, trying too hard, people lose interest.  It's no different in show business except that it's on a grander scale.

GaGa's over exposure is going to be her downfall.  She's leaving nothing to the imagination and she won't shut up.  She's coming across as arrogant and very full of herself.  She's a perfect walking case study of narcissism.  GaGa needs to cool it.

I really liked her at first.  I thought each song I heard off The Fame had something special about it and that there was something special about her.  She ruined that mystique she had.  That charm.  Aside from her die hard little monsters, a lot of people are just plain sick of her.  

Did you mother ever tell you, GaGa, that less is more?  Mine did.  I didn't know it then but she was right.