October 30, 2011

GAGA SUED! Accused of Ripping Off Judas


UPDATE: OCT 30:  For those delusional Gaga fans who enjoy throwing around that Madonna was sued for plagiarism and Gaga wasn't....NEWFLASH...not true.  Gaga was also sued by some opportunist nobody as Madonna was.  Gaga's case has not gone to trial yet but it will.  Here's my original post from August as well as a few links to other stories reporting on this.  So suck on that. 

MTV 

BET 

HUFFINGTON POST 

REUTERS 

Are those reputable enough sources for you assholes? 



A singer by the name of Rebecca Francescatti has sued Stefani in federal court for ripping off her 1999 song called "Juda".  Rebecca claims the similarities aren't a coincidence because her former bass player, Brian Gaynor, is now employed by a music company that wrote 17 songs on Gaga's "Born This Way". 

I heard the song "Juda" and I personally can't hear the similarities.  I think this girl is reaching.  I was really hoping to find that there is a viable charge here because Stefani rips off so many artists and it's time she faced the consequences.  

If anything, "Judas" sounds a hell of lot like "WannaBe" by Loli Lux and I was seriously hoping if anyone was suing for CrapGa for "Judas", it was Loli.

You can listen to "Juda" here.

Here's the original post about Loli Lux's song I wrote back in June.

GaGa does it again, doing what she does best, ripping off other artists.   Loli wrote "Wanna Be" back in 2009 and released the song in 2010.  Loli Lux, a NYC based underground artist and DJ, ran in the same circles as Stefani Germanotta before she became famous.  

Loli goes on to say “I have always crossed paths with Gaga through having mutual friends, it’s not the first time she has borrowed ideas from me. It was previously my DJ trademark to wear military hats but I had to stop that after Gaga started doing the same.” 

Loli reached out to RedOne and sent him her demo of "Wanna Be".   What Loli got next was a huge slap in the face.  RedOne was the producer on Gaga's "Judas".  Amazingly, Gaga's failure of a song has the exact same hook as Loli's "Wanna Be".  
No doubt Gaga knew exactly where her "Judas" hook came from.  What she and RedOne did is called stealing.  There is no other word for it.  Loli Lux, in my opinion, has a clear cut case to take this fraud Gaga to court and she should.


“It’s sad when my work is ripped off like that but I have more new and really great unreleased material that I will keep safely guarded for now.” says Loli.

Listen to Loli's song below and judge for yourself.  Loli's song is much better than the flop song "Judas" and she is much easier on the eyes.